Thursday 15 July 2010

Sleepiness and Funny Friends...



Yup, still snoozy. Got home after my last day at school today and fell into the deepest sleep until it was time to wake up and stagger to sushi like a zombie. I didn't have to teach today but all the smiling I did as I posed with teachers, children and their parents exhausted my jaw (out of practice...) and I think that may have spread over the rest of my body. It's strange. I haven't cried at all when I said goodbye to my kids. AND I WILL NEVER SEE THEM AGAIN. I didn't cry as I left my room even though I WILL NEVER TEACH IN THERE AGAIN. I'm not sure whether this is a healthy acceptance of change (as befits my new grown-up attitude) or if I'm in severe denial and will snap at some point soon, wandering round the city in my PJs, sobbing everytime I see a small child. I can't wander round in my work uniform as I've already thrown it in the clothes recycling bin. Harsh or what?!!

Anyway, this evening my friend Leeann told me of a great saying an ex of her's coined. He once said to her 'you're not arm candy, you're dick candy'. Dick candy, I like that. So here below (beacuse I am too lazy to be properly creative this evening) is a list of my favourite phrases, as coined by various friends and aquaintences:

1) 'Jilling off': My friend Katie's term for female masturbation, in contrast to 'Jacking off'

2) 'Morning Dew': Again from Katie. In contrast to 'Morning Wood'

3) 'He'll come to a sticky end': Obviously not inveneted by my friend Rose but she put a different interpretation on it (think about it)

4) 'All mouth and no trousers': Another different interpretation to the traditional one, and sounds about perfect to me.

5) 'I'm having bacon today, bacon's good for you': BGSers will recgonise this classic Mr. Geale quote, said apropros of nothing in the canteen queue.

6) 'Drink your wine, there's sober kids in Africa': And there are. So drink up you inhumane bastard!

7)'You know where you are with a bastard' My motto for my love life. And yeah, that's served me really well!

Ah, I can only make it as far as lucky seven. MUST SLEEP! PLease add more/remind me!

Today I have: remained surprisingly dry-eyed as I said goodbye to my kids, eaten more pizza than is safely reccomended, SLEPT!

No comments:

Post a Comment